New Prague Area Schools is currently seeking a School Psychologist to begin the 2019/2020 school year.
Position begins August 13, 2019
Conduct comprehensive psycho-educational evaluations; consult with school personnel and parents regarding planning, implementing, and evaluating individual and group interventions; and function as a member of the building-based intervention team in providing appropriate services and supports to students.
- Appropriate licensure for School Psychologist issued by the Minnesota Department of Education.
- Knowledge in research-based Best Practices.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience developing behavioral interventions.
- Experience working in a school setting or working with children ages preK through 18.
- Experience administering intellectual, social/emotional, adaptive behavior, and other norm-referenced instruments.
- Conferring, advising, problem-solving with individuals and groups regarding educational, behavioral, and mental health concerns relating to specific students or to systems-level (school-specific or district-wide) problems
- Developing prevention strategies to reduce the occurrence of problems
- Participate in and conduct trainings for district staff on aspects of problem solving including data collection and positive behavioral supports
- Assist school staff in the identification of students with disabilities ages birth through 21 through participation in intervention activities, child study committees, and consultation activities
- Planning appropriate assessment and reassessment procedures for students.
- Administer and interpret formal and informal assessment including parents, teacher, and student interviews, observation in the classroom and other settings to support evaluation results
- Assist school staff with due process procedures including eligibility requirements, parent rights, and record keeping.
New Prague Area Schools is a consistently growing district of 4,000 students, Pre K through 12. The district is located about 45 miles southwest of the Twin Cities. The district serves the students and community members of the New Prague, Elko New Market, northern Lonsdale areas, as well as several other communities. The district offers a small-town quality of life with easy access to the conveniences of a major metropolitan area. I.S.D. 721 is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online at www.npaschools.org